- an event that is not involved in a specific litigation but that's allowed because of the courtroom to advise it on a matter of law directly impacting the litigation.
- a person/entity that has been permitted by the court to plead or make submissions but which, however, just isn't right involved in the action.
- an adviser into the court on some matter-of law who's perhaps not a celebration toward instance; often a person who wants to influence the results of case involving matters of broad community interest
- Definition for "amicus curiae"
- Hypernym for "amicus curiae"
- Variant for "amicus curiae"