- A purple or violet form of transparent quartz used as a gemstone.
- A purple variety of corundum used as a gemstone.
- A moderate purple to grayish reddish-purple.
- A transparent purple variety of quartz, used as a gemstone.
- A purple colour.
- The purple tincture whenever emblazoning the arms associated with the English nobility.
- A violet-blue or purple number of quartz, the colour becoming possibly due to the existence of peroxid of iron.
- In heraldry, colour purple when explained in blazoning a nobleman's escutcheon. See tincture.
- title of a humming-bird, Calliphlox amethystina.
- A trade-name for several synthetic dyes associated with azine class, as tetramethyl safranine and tetra-amyl safranine.
- a transparent purple number of quartz; utilized as a gemstone
- Having a colour similar to that of the gemstone
- of a moderate purple shade
- many different crystallized quartz, of a purple or bluish violet shade, of different colors. It is much utilized as a jeweler's stone.
- A purple shade in a nobleman's escutcheon, or coat of arms.
- Definition for "amethyst"
- A purple or violet form of transparent quartz…
- View More
- Sentence for "amethyst"
- In the distance are the White-cloud…
- View More
- Phrases for "amethyst"
- Hypernym for "amethyst"
- Cross Reference for "amethyst"
- Equivalent for "amethyst"
- Same Context for "amethyst"