- See paramorph.
- some of the variant forms of a morpheme. As an example, the phonetic (s) of kitties (kăts), (z) of pigs (pĭgz), and (ĭz) ponies (hôrˈsĭz) are allomorphs of the English plural morpheme.
- the various crystalline forms of a substance.
- some of the various phonological representations of a morpheme.
- Any one of a couple of distinct crystalline forms of similar compound; and/or compound having these types of forms; -- .
- multiple pseudomorph which has withstood limited or full change or replacement of product; -- hence limonite is frequently an allomorph after pyrite.
- In mineralogy, a paramorph, this is certainly, a pseudomorph formed by molecular change only, the chemical composition continuing to be the same, as calcite after aragonite.
- some of various crystalline types of exactly the same substance mixture
- a variant phonological representation of a morpheme
Sentence for "allomorph"
- The term allomorph is just linguistobabble…
Hypernym for "allomorph"
Form for "allomorph"
Urban Dictionary for "allomorph"