- A European perennial herb (Alkanna tinctoria) having cymes of blue plants and red roots.
- The root of the plant or even the red dye extracted from the main.
- Any of numerous hairy flowers for the Eurasian genus Anchusa, having blue or violet flowers grouped on elongated cymes.
- Alkanna tinctoria, a plant whoever root is used as a dye.
- The dyeing matter extracted from the plant, offering a deep purple colour.
- A boraginaceous herb (Alkanna tinctoria) producing a dye; orchanet.
- The comparable plant Anchusa officinalis; bugloss.
- The United States puccoon.
- A dyeing matter obtained from the roots of Alkanna tinctoria, which gives a fine deep red colorization.
- A boraginaceous natural herb (Alkanna tinctoria) producing the dye; orchanet.
- The comparable plant Anchusa officinalis; bugloss; in addition, the United states puccoon.
- the basis of a boraginaceous herb, Alkanna (Anchusa) tinctoria, producing a red dye, that the plant is developed in central and southern Europe.
- The plant which yields the dye, Alkanna tinctoria. Also called orcanet and Spanish bugloss.
- A name of similar flowers of other genera.
- perennial or biennial natural herb cultivated for its delicate often blue blossoms
Sentence for "alkanet"
- It is prepared by precipitating an…
Synonym for "alkanet"
Hypernym for "alkanet"
Same Context for "alkanet"