- Of or concerning organic compounds having both aliphatic and cyclic attributes or frameworks.
- Of a class of natural compounds having both aliphatic (chain) and cyclic (ring) construction.
- with respect to substances which have a ring in the framework, but they are not fragrant, as cyclohexane or cyclohexene. Compare aliphatic and fragrant.
- In chem., a phrase introduced by Bamberger to designate a compound containing a ring of carbon atoms but in addition having most properties of aliphatic or open-chain substances.
Sentence for "alicyclic"
- Göttingen, who, like von Baeyer, contributed…
Antonym for "alicyclic"