- A line of English verse composed in iambic hexameter, frequently with a caesura following the 3rd base.
- A line of French verse comprising 12 syllables with a caesura generally falling following the 6th syllable.
- A line of poetic meter having twelve syllables, frequently divided into several equal components.
- An Alexandrine parrot or parakeet.
- a type of verse consisting in English of twelve syllables.
- In prosody, an iambic hexapody, or number of six iambic legs.
- (prosody) a line of verse which has six iambic feet
- Characterized by or composed in either of these meters.
- Owned By Alexandria; Alexandrian.
- identical to Alexandrian, 1.
- Definition for "alexandrine"
- A line of English verse composed in iambic…
- View More
- Sentence for "alexandrine"
- Synonym for "alexandrine"
- Hypernym for "alexandrine"
- Cross Reference for "alexandrine"
- Same Context for "alexandrine"