- A stake or pole helping as an indicator at an alehouse, usually with a garland or "bush" attached.
- A stake or pole projecting from, or put up before, an alehouse, as a sign; an alepole. By the end was generally suspended a garland, a bunch of leaves, or a “bush.”
- A stake having a garland or bush of twigs at the top of it, set up as an indicator before an ale-house.
- Also called ale-pole, ale-post.
Definition for "alestake"
- A stake or pole helping as an indicator…
Sentence for "alestake"