- An officer appointed annually on leet of old English communities to ensure the goodness and wholesomeness of loaves of bread, ale, and beer.
- among the officers opted for because of the liverymen of London, England the sinecure of inspecting the measures found in community homes.
- Orig., an officer appointed to check to the goodness of ale and beer; also, among officers selected by the liverymen of London to examine the measures utilized in public homes. However the workplace is a sinecure. [Also called aletaster.]
- initially, a local officer appointed to assay ale and beer, and be mindful which they had been good and healthy, and sold at a suitable cost.
Sentence for "aleconner"
- I shot be shoddied, throttle me,…
- View More