- A paronomasia, or allusion of just one word to a different
- An alliteration.
- Assigning to an effective title its literal or homophonic definition.
- A surname.
- Paronomasia; additionally, alliteration; annomination.
- An additional name or name; a name put into another, as expressive of some work, achievement, etc.; a surname.
- Resemblance in noise between one-word and another, especially by alliteration; in addition, the rehearse of utilizing in close proximity to the other person terms which resemble one another in sound (see annomination): as, “Scott of Scotstarvet's Staggering State of Scots Statesmen.”
Synonym for "agnomination"
- View More