Definition for "agaric"
- any one of various mushrooms associated with genera…
Sentence for "agaric"
Hypernym for "agaric"
Cross Reference for "agaric"
Same Context for "agaric"
- any one of various mushrooms associated with genera Agaricus, Fomes, or relevant genera, having big umbrellalike limits with numerous gills beneath.
- The dried fruiting human body of specific fungal types in genus Fomes, formerly utilized in medicine, specially to prevent producing sweat.
- Any of numerous fungi associated with the family Agaricaceae, having umbrella-like limits with numerous gills beneath.
- The dried mushroom used in medication.
- A fungus for the genus Agaricus, of several species, that the normal mushroom is an example.
- a classic name for many species of Polyporus, corky fungi developing on rotting timber.
- A fungus of genus Agaricus.
- a saprophytic fungus of order Agaricales having an umbrellalike limit with gills in the underside
- fungi utilized in the preparation of punk for fuses
- Of or related to agarics; fungoid.