- Preventing a smooth, level area from becoming formed by increasing the nap of wood or causing bigger splinters to form ahead of the cutting device below the cutting area.
- unlike something expected; specially, of behavior distinct from just what culture needs.
- Unwillingly, reluctantly; despite an individual's nature.
- against or across the course of the materials; therefore, against your wishes or preferences; unwillingly; unpleasantly; reluctantly; with difficulty.
Sentence for "against the grain"
Quotes for "against the grain"
- "It goes against the grain of…"
Urban Dictionary for "against the grain"