- A quake of reduced magnitude, usually certainly one of a set, after a big earthquake in the same location.
- An Additional response following the shock of a deeply annoying occurrence or revelation: "The proceeded to reel from aftershocks of a disastrous [year]” ( David Lake).
- An earthquake that follows in identical area as another, generally bigger, quake (the "mainshock").
- By expansion, any outcome or effect after an important event.
- a tremor (or certainly one of a number of tremors) occurring after the primary shock of an earthquake
Sentence for "aftershock"
- The magnitude 5.8 earthquake that struck…
Phrases for "aftershock"
Hypernym for "aftershock"
Same Context for "aftershock"