- An accessory plume as a result of the posterior of the contour feathers of numerous birds.
- The hypoptilum.
- In ornithology: A supplementary feather growing from a feather; the hypoptilum.
- The shaft of these a supplementary feather. Also known as hyporachis.
- a supplementary feather (usually tiny) in the underside of the foot of the shaft of some feathers in a few birds
Definition for "aftershaft"
- An accessory plume as a result of the…
Synonym for "aftershaft"
Hypernym for "aftershaft"
Variant for "aftershaft"