- to offer a sketchy outline of.
- To prefigure indistinctly; foreshadow.
- to reveal partially or guardedly.
- To overshadow; shadow or obscure.
- To give a faint shadow or slight representation of; to overview; to shadow forth.
- To overshadow; to shade.
- To foreshadow vaguely.
- to provide a vague outline.
- To obscure or overshadow.
- describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of
- give to realize
- To overshadow; partly darken or hide.
- Figuratively, to give a faint shadow or resemblance of; overview or shadow forth; foreshadow; prefigure.
Sentence for "adumbrate"
- Adumbrated – from adumbrate (always used…
Synonym for "adumbrate"
Verb Forms for "adumbrate"
Hypernym for "adumbrate"
Form for "adumbrate"