- Characterized by adulteration; spurious.
- Unauthorized by-law; illegal.
- Born of adultery: adulterine offspring.
- Spurious; because of adulteration.
- Born of adultery.
- with respect to adultery.
- Illegal; unlicensed.
- Proceeding from adulterous sexual intercourse. For this reason: Spurious; without having the support of law; unlawful.
- conceived in adultery
- One created of an adulterous union.
- An illegitimate son or daughter.
- In civil-law, a child begotten in adultery.
- Of adulterous origin; created of adultery.
- Relating or regarding adultery; concerning or implying adultery: as, adulterine fiction; adulterine wedding (used by St. Augustine of a moment relationship after separation and divorce).
- described as adulteration; spurious; base: as, adulterine drugs or metals.
- Illegitimate; illicit; unauthorized: as, adulterine castles (castles built because of the Norman barons in England, following the conquest, without royal warrant).
Sentence for "adulterine"
- The "adulterine" castles were destroyed, not…
Synonym for "adulterine"
Cross Reference for "adulterine"
Equivalent for "adulterine"