- regarding Adonis, famed for his beauty.
- or regarding or like Adonis
- having a rhythm consisting of a dactyl followed by a spondee or a trochee
- Of or related to Adonis. See Adonis, etymology.
- An Adonic verse: so-called, it is stated, because used in tracks sung during the Adonia, or event of Adonis.
- a verse line with a dactyl accompanied by a spondee or trochee; supposedly utilized in laments by Adonis
Sentence for "adonic"
Hypernym for "adonic"
Cross Reference for "adonic"
Equivalent for "adonic"