- Biology United to a component or organ of another type, as stamens mounted on petals.
- related or fused to some thing unlike it self.
- Growing with one part adherent to a stem; placed on the lateral zooids of corals as well as other chemical animals.
- developed to congenitally.
- Growing together; -- stated only of organic cohesion of unlike parts.
- Growing with one part adherent to a stem; -- a phrase applied to the horizontal zooids of corals alongside compound animals.
- of unlike parts or body organs; developing closely affixed
- In physiology and botany, congenitally attached or grown collectively. See adnation. Additionally coadnate, coadunate, coadunated, and consolidated.
Sentence for "adnate"
- The appearance presented by the petaloid…
Antonym for "adnate"
Cross Reference for "adnate"
Form for "adnate"