- identify adder's tongue fern.
- See dogtooth violet.
- some of a genus of ferns (Ophioglossum), whose seeds are produced on a spike resembling a serpent's tongue.
- The yellowish dogtooth violet.
- A genus of ferns (Ophioglossum), whose seeds are manufactured on a spike resembling a serpent's tongue.
- The yellow dogtooth violet.
- The fern Ophioglossum vulgatum: so named from kind of its fruiting spike. Also called adder's-spear. See Ophioglossum.
- A name occasionally directed at the hart's-tongue, Phyllitis Scolopendrium. See Scolopendrium.
- the eastern species of Erytbronium or dog-tooth violet. The white adder's-tongue is E. albidum.
- ferns with fertile surges shaped like a snake's tongue
Sentence for "adder's-tongue"
Hyponym for "adder's-tongue"
Hypernym for "adder's-tongue"
Cross Reference for "adder's-tongue"