- For the certain function, situation, or circumstance at hand and no other: a committee formed random to address the matter of salaries.
- From the spur-of-the-moment.
- For a particular purpose.
- for just one particular case
- created for or concerned with one specific purpose: an ad hoc settlement committee.
- Improvised and often impromptu: "On an ad hoc basis, Congress has . . . placed . . . ceilings on military aid to specific countries” ( New York Times).
- because of this certain function.
- produced on the spur-of-the-moment; impromptu.
- for or worried about one certain function
- usually improvised or impromptu
- to the; with regards to this (topic or thing); specifically.
Sentence for "ad hoc"
- He hadn`t thought about the matter…
Urban Dictionary for "ad hoc"
- some type of computer system comprising…