- that a vowel is close or tense, as é in French été.
- that a vowel or syllable has a top or rising pitch, as in Chinese or ancient greek language.
- that a vowel is very long, as with Czech dobrá.
- your syllable in which the vowel appears is stressed, like in Spanish fácil.
- : A diacritical mark ( ´ ) that can be placed above a number of letters in many languages of the Latin, Greek and Cyrillic writing systems.
- a mark (') placed above a vowel to point pronunciation
Definition for "acute accent"
Hypernym for "acute accent"
Cross Reference for "acute accent"
Form for "acute accent"