- some of numerous filamentous, mainly anaerobic microorganisms of genus Actinomyces, which includes the causative agents of actinomycosis.
- The ray-fungus: so named from the rosettes of club-shaped frameworks where it comes up. The disease actinomycosis is caused by the presence of this fungus.
- [capitalized] [NL. (Harz, 1877).] A genus of fungi of doubtful commitment. The type is A. bovis, the ray-fungus. See actinomyces, 1.
- soil-inhabiting saprophytes and disease-producing plant and animal parasites
Sentence for "actinomyces"
- The thermophilic, cellulolytic, and starch-utilizing actinomyces,…
Hypernym for "actinomyces"