- A sea anemone or a related pet.
- a sea anemone, a part of the genus Actinia.
- An animal for the class Anthozoa, and family Actinidæ. From a resemblance to flowers in type and shade, they are usually called animal blossoms and ocean anemones. [See polyp.].
- A genus inside household Actinidæ.
- Agenus of zoöphytes, from the Radiata of Cuvier, regarded as the type of your order Malacodermata, subclass Zoantharia, course Actinozoa, subkingdom Cælenterata, in modern classification.
- An animal of the genus Actinia or family Actiniidæ.
- a genus of sea anemone typical in stone swimming pools
- any water anemone or associated animal
Sentence for "actinia"
- He postulated as the far-back ancestor…
Hypernym for "actinia"
Variant for "actinia"