- On, at, or from the other side of: across the street.
- in order to get across; through: drew outlines throughout the paper.
- from side of to the other: a bridge across a river.
- Into contact with: came across my old roommate.
- To, toward, or through the far part of (something that lies between two sights).
- regarding opposing part of (a thing that lies between two points of interest).
- On the opposing part, relative to something that lies between, from (a place interesting).
- from a single part to the other within (an area being traversed).
- At or near the far end of (a place).
- So as to intersect or go through or over at an angle.
- From side to side; athwart; crosswise, or in a direction in opposition to the distance; quite more than.
- From one side to the other: The footbridge swayed once I ran across.
- On or even the opposite side: We found by ferry.
- Crosswise; entered.
- In such a way concerning be comprehensible, acceptable, or successful: put our idea across; get a message across.
- From one part to another.
- on the reverse side.
- In a certain direction.
- From side to side; crosswise.
- Obliquely; athwart; amiss; awry.
- towards opposing part
- Being in a crossed position: seated with hands across.
- A clue whose solution works horizontally in grid.
- back and forth; in a crossing or crossed manner; crosswise.
- From one part to some other; transversely; in a transverse line: since, what is the length across? I stumbled upon in a steamer.
- Adversely; contrarily: as, “things go across,” Mir. for Mags., p. 344
- laterally of, instead of along, that is toward the length; athwart; quite over: because, a bridge is laid across a river.
- Transverse into the length of; in order to intersect at any perspective: as, a line moving across another.
- past; on the other side of.
- Definition for "across"
- Sentence for "across"
- Again, bogs are not infrequently come…
- View More
- Quotes for "across"
- "I delight in my family obligations,…"
- View More
- Synonym for "across"
- Phrases for "across"
- Rhyme for "across"
- Cross Reference for "across"
- Etymologically Related for "across"