- Unpleasantly sharp, pungent, or bitter on flavor or scent. See Synonyms at bitter.
- Caustic in language or tone.
- Sharp and harsh, or bitter rather than into the taste; pungent.
- Causing temperature and irritation; corrosive
- Caustic; sour; bitterly irritating
- Sharp and harsh, or bitter and not, to your taste; pungent.
- Causing temperature and irritation; corrosive.
- Caustic; bitter; bitterly irritating.
- strong and razor-sharp
- harsh or corrosive in tone
- Sharp or biting into tongue or integuments; bitterly pungent; annoying: since, acrid salts.
- Figuratively, severe; virulent; violent; stinging: as, “acrid temper,” Cowper, Charity.
- An acrid poison: as, “a powerful acrid,” Pereira, Mat. Med.
- certainly one of a class of morbific substances supposed because of the humorists to occur into the humors.
- Definition for "acrid"
- Unpleasantly sharp, pungent, or bitter on flavor or…
- View More
- Sentence for "acrid"
- This bacon tastes intensely smoky, the…
- View More
- Synonym for "acrid"
- Phrases for "acrid"
- Cross Reference for "acrid"
- Equivalent for "acrid"
- Same Context for "acrid"
- Urban Dictionary for "acrid"