- maybe not decolorized by acid after staining, as germs that retain dye after an acid rinse.
- Retaining stain when treated with an acidic solution.
- maybe not quickly decolorized by acidic solutions; concerns micro-organisms (especially the tubercle bacillus that causes tuberculosis)
- A literal interpretation of this German “säurfest”: placed on a course of germs which, when as soon as stained with basic aniline dyes, tenaciously keep the dye on subsequent contact with acids or alcoholic beverages.
Sentence for "acid-fast"
- It belongs to that small group…
- View More