- A slender, needlelike component or structure, for instance the spines or bristles of some plants and animals and the crystals of specific minerals.
- One of the needlelike or bristlelike spines or prickles of some animals and plants; additionally, a needlelike crystal.
- One of the needlelike or bristlelike spines or prickles of some pets and plants; in addition, a needlelike crystal.
- A needle, pin, or bodkin, of wood or bone, employed by Roman ladies as a hair-pin. It was maybe not smaller compared to an acus (which see), but of substandard material.
- A spine or prickle of an animal or plant. Also called acicle.
- A name applied to several genera of gastropods, and retained for the representative genus of the family Aciculidæ, inhabiting Europe. A. fusca is the best-known form.
- A genus of worms.
- Plural of aciculum.
- In botany: The bristle-like prolongation of the rachilla of a grass-spike.
- A tooth-like procedure within the hymenium of specific fungi.
- a needlelike part or framework of a plant or pet or crystal; as a spine or bristle or crystal
Definition for "acicula"
- A slender, needlelike component or structure, for instance…
Sentence for "acicula"
Hypernym for "acicula"
Variant for "acicula"