- To explain by relating situations; showing that some body, thing or people in an organization are present or have now been prepared.
- To be the main cause of
- To represent in quantity or part.
- to help make or render a reckoning of resources, people, or things.
- To be answerable for.
- To destroy or put out of action.
- give known reasons for
- function as explanation or explanation for
Definition for "account for"
- To explain by relating situations; showing that some…
Quotes for "account for"
- "We are not inferring design to…"
Hypernym for "account for"