- Prunella, a genus of European birds (so-named from their nice notes), such as the hedge warbler. In the us sometimes put on water thrushes.
- One who sings the leading part; the manager or leader.
- a person who sings the leading part; the director or leader.
- A genus of European wild birds (so named from their sweet records), such as the hedge warbler. In America often applied to water thrushes.
- In music, one who sings the leading component. [F. accenteur.] In ornithology: [capitalized] A genus of passerine wild birds, family members Sylviidæ, subfamily Accentorinæ.
- A name sometimes applied to the golden-crowned thrush or oven-bird, Siurus auricapillus, a well-known passerine bird of the United States, of the family Sylvicolidæ.
- small sparrow-like songbird of mountainous elements of Eurasia
Sentence for "accentor"
- Passerines such as the black-throated thrush…
Hyponym for "accentor"
Hypernym for "accentor"
Cross Reference for "accentor"