- Any of a big selection of fishes for the superorder Acanthopterygii, having bony skeletons and spiny rays in dorsal and anal fins and including the bass, perch, mackerel, and swordfish.
- One of the Acanthopterygii; a fish with spiny fins.
- a teleost seafood with fins which can be supported by sharp rigid rays
- Belonging to the order of fishes having spinose fins, whilst the perch.
- Of or pertaining to the Acanthopterygii; obtaining the characters of Acanthopterygii.
Sentence for "acanthopterygian"
- The acanthopterygian family (_Labyrinthici_) contains nine…
Hyponym for "acanthopterygian"
Hypernym for "acanthopterygian"