- The act or means of abutting.
- a thing that abuts.
- the purpose of contact of two abutting things or components.
- The element of a structure that bears the weight or force of an arch.
- A structure that aids the termination of a bridge.
- A structure that anchors the cables of a suspension connection.
- their state of abutting.
- That element that stocks a typical boundary or surface using its neighbor.
- The tooth that aids a denture or connection.
- A fixed point or area where opposition is gotten.
- State of abutting.
- That on or against which a body abuts or presses.
- The solid element of a pier or wall surface, etc., which receives the push or lateral pressure of an arch, vault, or strut.
- A fixed point or area that opposition or reaction is gotten, because the cylinder head of a steam engine, the fulcrum of a lever, etc.
- In breech-loading firearms, the block behind the barrel which receives the stress as a result of recoil.
- The state or problem of abutting.
- That which abuts or edges on something else; the part abutting or abutted upon or against.
- Occasionally shortened to butment.
- point of contact between two objects or components
- a masonry support that touches and right obtains thrust or stress of an arch or bridge
Sentence for "abutment"
Phrases for "abutment"
Hypernym for "abutment"
Same Context for "abutment"