- A school of painting that flourished after World War II until the very early 1960s, characterized by the view that art is nonrepresentational and mainly improvisational.
- Alternative as a type of Abstract Expressionism.
- a brand new York school of painting described as easily developed abstractions; the initial crucial school of United states painting to develop by themselves of European designs
- Definition for "abstract expressionism"
- A school of painting that flourished after World…
- View More
- Hypernym for "abstract expressionism"
- Cross Reference for "abstract expressionism"