Definition for "abortive"
- failing woefully to accomplish an intended unbiased; fruitless:…
Sentence for "abortive"
Synonym for "abortive"
Rhyme for "abortive"
Cross Reference for "abortive"
Equivalent for "abortive"
Form for "abortive"
Same Context for "abortive"
Variant for "abortive"
- failing woefully to accomplish an intended unbiased; fruitless: an abortive attempt to deduce the negotiations.
- Biology Partially or imperfectly created: an abortive organ.
- Causing or meant to cause abortion; abortifacient.
- Causing abortion; abortifacient
- Cutting brief; acting to halt or slow the development (of a disease).
- made by abortion; produced prematurely.
- made of skin of a still-born animal.
- making fruitless or ineffectual.
- Coming to naught; failing in its result; miscarrying; fruitless; unsuccessful.
- Imperfectly formed or created; standard; sterile
- Causing abortion.
- Cutting brief.
- failing continually to achieve an intended outcome
- A medicine that is attributed the property of causing abortion, abortifacient.
- That which is born or brought forth prematurely; an abortion.
- A fruitless energy or concern.
- A medicine that is attributed the house of causing abortion; -- also referred to as an abortifacient.
- whatever is produced prematurely; an abortion; a monstrous beginning.
- A drug causing abortion; an abortifacient.
- Brought forth in an imperfect condition; imperfectly created or inadequately developed, as an animal or vegetable manufacturing; rudimentary.
- Suppressed; kept imperfect; remaining rudimentary, or perhaps not advancing perfectly in kind or function: a frequent use of the term in zoölogy. Compare vestigial.
- Hence Not delivered to conclusion or even an effective problem; a deep failing; miscarrying; arriving at nought: as, an abortive system.
- In botany, flawed; barren. A. Gray.
- creating absolutely nothing; chaotic; ineffectual.
- In medicine, producing or designed to produce abortion; abortifacient: as, abortive medications.
- Deformed; monstrous.
- resulting in to fail or miscarry.
- To fail; perish; visited nought.