- An experienced seaman certified to do all routine tasks at sea. Also referred to as able-bodied seaman.
- alternate form of able-bodied seaman.
- a sailor that is virtually conversant with all the tasks of typical seamanship.
- a seaman inside merchant marine; trained in special skills
- a seaman who is competent to perform any work which can be needed of him on-board ship, particularly fitting and placing rigging, making and mending sails, aside from the power to “hand, reef, and steer.” Synonyms and Capable, competent, qualified, fitted, sufficient, efficient; strong, sturdy, powerful, strenuous; talented, accomplished, clever.
Hypernym for "able seaman"
- View More