- At right perspectives towards the keel of a ship.
- regarding beam, which, on a line which forms the right perspective with the ship's keel; reverse towards the center of ship's part.
- at correct perspectives into the amount of a ship or airplane
- Alongside or at correct sides to: The ship received abeam the cove.
- Nautical, in or into a direction at right angles toward keel of a ship; directly opposite the middle part of a ship's part, and in range having its main-beam: because, we had the wind abeam.
Sentence for "abeam"
- Sailboats move fastest with the wind…
Same Context for "abeam"
Sports Dictionary for "abeam"