- any one of a set of lines on the hull of a merchant ship that suggest the depth that it may possibly be lawfully loaded under specified circumstances. Also known as load line, Plimsoll line.
- correctly the Global load-line, a mark regarding hull of a merchant ship to demonstrate the waterline under specified circumstances. The range shows the maximum ability load the ship may carry.
- waterlines to exhibit the amount water should attain when the ship is correctly packed
- Definition for "Plimsoll mark"
- Hypernym for "Plimsoll mark"
- Etymologically Related for "Plimsoll mark"