- A Native American men and women formerly inhabiting components of coastal Maine and New Brunswick along the Bay of Fundy, with present-day descendants in east Maine. The Passamaquoddy aided form the Abenaki confederacy when you look at the mid-18th century.
- a part of this men and women.
- The Algonquian language associated with the Passamaquoddy, dialectally about Malecite.
- an Algonquian folks of Maine (U.S.) and brand new Brunswick (Canada).
- the Passamaquoddy language is one of the Eastern Algonquian group of the big Algic language household. You can find about 1,500 speakers staying in Maine and New Brunswick. It is mutually intelligible with neighboring Maliseet.
Sentence for "Passamaquoddy"
- I could not ferry the boat…
- View More