- an old Greek mystery faith arising within the 6th century B.C. from a synthesis of pre-Hellenic values using the Thracian cult of Zagreus and very quickly becoming mingled utilizing the Eleusinian secrets in addition to doctrines of Pythagoras.
- A short-lived activity in early 20th-century artwork, derived from cubism but marked by a lyrical style and usage of bold color.
- The mystical system of life and worship embodied in the Orphic poems and practised and inculcated into the Orphic secrets. See Orphic.
- A religious activity in antiquity, likely to being founded by Orpheus.
- a Cubist art movement emphasizing pure abstraction and bright tints.
Sentence for "Orphism"
- Mr. Weightman is right about the…
- View More