- anyone of various species of huge lamellicorn beetles that come in the winged condition in-may. They are part of Melolontha, and allied genera. Called in addition June beetle.
- A cockchafer, Melolontha vulgaris. In addition May-bug, May-chafer.
- A June-bug, Lachnosterna fusca, or other types of similar genus. See slices under dor-bug and June-bug.
- any one of numerous big European beetles destructive to plant life as both larvae and person
- some of various huge usually brown us leaf-eating beetles typical in late springtime; the larvae prey on roots of grasses etc.
Hypernym for "May beetle"
- melolonthid beetle
- View More