- a brief, circular tower, often manufactured from rock and located near a shoreline as a defensive fortification.
- a brief sturdy round masonry fort, especially one constructed at different seaside points within the British Empire during Napoleonic Wars.
- a circular masonry fort for seaside defence
- A building of masonry, usually circular, generally erected from the seacoast, with a gun from the summit mounted on a traversing system, in order to be fired in every way.
- Definition for "Martello tower"
- a brief, circular tower, often manufactured from rock…
- View More
- Synonym for "Martello tower"
- Hypernym for "Martello tower"