- Of or concerning Lent: Lenten observances.
- Characteristic of or proper to Lent; meager: Lenten dishes.
- regarding Lent; taking place during Lent.
- Appropriate to Lent; meagre, sombre.
- Of or related to the quick known as Lent; found in, or ideal to, Lent.
- Spare; meager; plain; somber; unostentatious; perhaps not plentiful or showy.
- of or relating to or suitable for Lent
- The spring; the growing season after wintertime.
- A fast seen in the springtime: same as Lent (that lenten is the older kind).
- A dialectal variation of linden.
- regarding Lent; used in Lent: because, Lenten sermons; the lenten fast.
- Hence Characteristic of or suited to Lent; free; basic; meager: as, lenten fare.
- cool; austere: as, a lenten lover. Compare Lent-lover. Cotgrave.
Sentence for "Lenten"
- LENTEN RETREAT: St. Nicholas Orthodox Christian…
Quotes for "Lenten"
- "Continuing a Lenten series on prayer:…"
Synonym for "Lenten"
Cross Reference for "Lenten"