- A supporter of James II of England or of Stuart pretenders after 1688.
- A supporter of renovation of Stuart kings on thrones of England and Scotland into the belated 17th century
- In English record, a partizan or adherent of James II. after he abdicated the throne, or of his descendants.
- Eccles., among a sect of Christians in Syria, Mesopotamia, etc., initially an offshoot of Monophysites.
- a supporter of James II after he had been overthrown or a supporter associated with Stuarts
- A partisan or adherent of James the next, after his abdication, or of his descendants, an opposer associated with transformation in 1688 in support of William and Mary.
- among the sect of Syrian Monophysites. The sect is named after Jacob Baradæus, its leader into the sixth century.
- Of or regarding the Jacobites.
- Of or with respect to the partizans of James II. or his descendants; holding the principles of a Jacobite.
- Of or regarding the sect of Jacobites.
Sentence for "Jacobite"
Hypernym for "Jacobite"
Etymologically Related for "Jacobite"