- one straight pole or staff, pointed and iron-shod in the bottom, for penetrating the ground, and achieving a socket joint at the top, utilized, rather than a tripod, for supporting a-compass.
- A pilgrim's staff.
- A staff concealing a dagger.
- A support for a surveyor's compass, composed of one leg, rather than the tripod normally made use of.
- A cross-staff.
- The group of three movie stars in a straight line into the belt of Orion, also referred to as the ell-and-yard, our Lady's wand, etc. The top of this three is δ Orionis, a very white variable star.
- verbascum Thapsus, the most popular mullen.
- desert shrub of southwestern united states of america and Mexico having slender naked spiny branches that following the rainy period supply foliage and clusters of red plants
- Definition for "Jacob's staff"
- Hypernym for "Jacob's staff"