- one straight pole or staff, pointed and iron-shod in the bottom, for penetrating the ground, and achieving a socket joint at the top, utilized, rather than a tripod, for supporting a-compass.
- A pilgrim's staff.
- A staff concealing a dagger.
- A support for a surveyor's compass, composed of one leg, rather than the tripod normally made use of.
- A cross-staff.
- The group of three movie stars in a straight line into the belt of Orion, also referred to as the ell-and-yard, our Lady's wand, etc. The top of this three is δ Orionis, a very white variable star.
- verbascum Thapsus, the most popular mullen.
- desert shrub of southwestern united states of america and Mexico having slender naked spiny branches that following the rainy period supply foliage and clusters of red plants
Definition for "Jacob's staff"
Hypernym for "Jacob's staff"