- A body of cavalry so named; esp., a British regiment, labeled as the Royal Horse Guards, which furnishes guards of state the sovereign.
- A body of cavalry for guards. See guard.
- [capitalized] The public company in Whitehall. London, appropriated toward divisions in commander-in-chief of the Brit military: so called from two horsemen standing sentry at gates.
- [capitalized] The military authorities responsible for the war department of Great Britain, in distinction from municipal chief, the Secretary for War.
Sentence for "Horse Guards"
- Child's Suttling House at the Horse…