- Greek Mythology A fountain on Mount Helicon, Greece, sacred to the Muses and regarded as a source of poetic inspiration.
- A fountain on Mount Helicon in Bœotia, fabled to have rush forth whenever floor had been struck by the hoof of Pegasus. In addition, its seas, that have been likely to share poetic determination.
- A spring on Mount Helicon in Bœotia, sacred on muses, the oceans of which tend to be poetically held to own the power of poetic determination.
- (hip-ō˙-krē′ nē). [NL.] In zoöl.: A genus of gastropod mollusks.
- A genus of acalephs.
Sentence for "Hippocrene"
- As soon as they had eaten…
- View More