- type of unaccompanied monophonic performing within the Catholic Church.
- See under Gregorian.
- a liturgical chant of Roman Catholic Church
- basic song, or canto fermo, a kind of unisonous music, in line with the eight celebrated chapel settings, as arranged and recommended by Pope Gregory I. (called “the Great”) into the 6th century.
- Definition for "Gregorian chant"
- type of unaccompanied monophonic performing within the Catholic…
- View More
- Hyponym for "Gregorian chant"
- Hypernym for "Gregorian chant"