- a part of an ascetic Jewish sect that existed in old Palestine from 2nd century B.C. towards second century A.D.
- person in a first-century ascetic Jewish sect, in ancient Palestine from 2nd century BCE toward second century CE. The Essenes are believed to are the writers associated with Dead Sea scrolls.
- certainly one of a sect among the Jews in the period of our Savior, remarkable due to their strictness and abstinence.
- a part of an ascetic Jewish sect round the period of Jesus
- stated of or concerning the Essenes
- Definition for "Essene"
- a part of an ascetic Jewish sect that…
- View More
- Sentence for "Essene"
- Hypernym for "Essene"
- Etymologically Related for "Essene"
- Same Context for "Essene"