- An ancient Greek town of northwest Asia small on Bosporus near present-day Istanbul. It absolutely was founded in 685 B.C. and passed to Rome in A.D. 74.
- an old maritime city of Bithynia, in Asia Minor, nearly directly opposing Byzantium
- an old town regarding the Bosporus (now section of Istanbul); site of this Council of Chalcedon
- the 4th ecumenical council in 451 which defined both natures (person and divine) of Christ
Sentence for "Chalcedon"
- Slide 3: Chalcedon / Byzantine Empire…
Hypernym for "Chalcedon"