- an associate of a contemplative order created during the 11th century by Saint Bruno.
- A member of a Christian contemplative order of monks established by Bruno of Cologne (St Bruno) in 1084.
- A pupil of Charterhouse School (started in a Carthusian monastery)
- A member of an exceeding austere spiritual purchase, founded at Chartreuse in France by St. Bruno, in the year 1086.
- certainly one of a contemplative purchase of monks established in 1086 by St. Bruno in Grande Chartreuse, a wild hill group into the diocese of Grenoble in France.
- A scholar of Charterhouse in London. See Charterhouse.
- a part associated with Carthusian purchase
- Of or relating to the Carthusian order.
- Of, or with this purchase.
- related to the Carthusian.
- of or concerning the Carthusian purchase
- with respect to the order of monks above-named.
Sentence for "Carthusian"
Hypernym for "Carthusian"
Etymologically Related for "Carthusian"