- The 7th Wednesday before Easter while the first day of Lent, where many Christians get a mark of ashes in the forehead as a token of penitence and death.
- A Christian day of penitence, the initial day of Lent. It really is a movable feast which happens 40 days before Easter (excluding Sundays).
- See in Vocabulary.
- the very first day of Lent.
- the seventh Wednesday before Easter; the very first day of Lent; a single day after Mardi Gras (`Fat Tuesday'); everyday of fasting and repentance
- initial day's Lent; -- so named from a custom into the Roman Catholic church of placing ashes, on that time, upon the foreheads of penitents.
Sentence for "Ash Wednesday"
Hypernym for "Ash Wednesday"
Urban Dictionary for "Ash Wednesday"
- ash wednesday is a catholic getaway…