- Arius A.D. 256?-336. Greek Christian theologian and president of Arianism, a doctrine that generated their condemnation as a heretic.
- A genus of marine catfishes, providing name to the subfamily Ariinœ: synonymous with Galeichthys (which see). See cut under Ariinœ.
- A Latin cancellation frequent in zoölogical and botanical terms: sometimes utilized unchanged in English.
- a Greek who was a Christian theologian energetic in Alexandria and who had been announced a heretic for his doctrines about Jesus (which came into existence called Arianism) (256?-336)
- type genus of this Ariidae: ocean catfishes
Sentence for "Arius"
- Symcox takes more liberties with the…
Hypernym for "Arius"
Urban Dictionary for "Arius"